If our map above is not rendering properly, please refresh the webpage.
District V Quick Facts:
- Total Students: 30,662
- Percentage of HISD Students in District (2017-2018): 14.4%
- Neighborhoods Served: Bellair, Braeswood, Gulfton, Meyerland, Rice Village, Southside Place, and West University
- Total Schools: 33
- Number of IR Campuses (2018-2019): 0*
- Current Trustee: Sue Deigaard
- Next Election: 2021
*Includes campuses that did not meet state standards, but are not labeled IR due to a Hurricane Harvey waiver.
Sue Deigaard has been the District V trustee since January 2018, and will be up for election in 2021. Sue has been a resident of District V for 30 years. She earned her bachelor’s degree in English and flute performance from Rice University.
Sue was a 2015 New Leaders Council fellow and a fellow with the American Leadership Forum Class XLIII on community education. In addition to serving as a HISD Trustee, Sue volunteers as Houston City Council appointee to the Houston Center for Literacy Board, chair of the Communications Committee for Arts Access Initiative, and parent representative on the HISD District Advisory Committee. To learn more about Sue, visit the HISD Board website.
As part of Houston GPS’s work in advocating for effective school board governance, we attend each school board meeting and grade the trustees on our five core values: impact, collaboration, stewardship, equity, and leadership. See our rating chart for Sue Deigaard below to see her ratings over time or view her semester report card for Spring 2018. To learn more about our ratings, see our Mission and Core Values and our grading rubric.
Email Sue Deigaard at Sue.Deigaard@houstonisd.org.
- Energized for Excellence ECC
- Energized for Excellence ES
- Mistral ECC
- Rice (PK-8)
- West university
- Energized for Excellence
- Energized for STEM
- Energized for STEM Wes
- Las Americas
- Long Academy
- Meyerland Perf. & Visual Arts
- Pin Oak
- Challenge Early College
- DeBakey HS for Health Professions
- The High School for Performing and Visual Arts